Thursday, July 14, 2011

Coordination and my sense of “self” goes out the window.

I’m not sure if it’s a lack of practice, lack of exercise or it’s the MS brain screwing up but I’ve noticed something particularly interesting. My coordination and sense of self is deteriorating. What do I mean by sense of self? It’s the idea of where you are in proportion to things, like walls, chairs, stuff like that. I find myself constantly bumping in to walls or pushing things over on accident. This mixed with a lack of coordination can cause a series of embarrassing moments.

I never realized how bad my coordination was until I took up water aerobics. Simple moves that even the most disabled of people would be able to do, I could not. My brain just could not wrap itself around how they were doing it. And I mean literally, four step movements involving arms and legs. Knee up, arms out, other leg out, arms in? See, I still can’t even do it when I think about it and picture it in my head. I just can’t fathom how to replicate these simple movements. I wish I had done things like these before my first episode of MS so I would have something to compare it to. Have I always been this lacking in the area of coordination? I didn’t think so, but possibly?

Perhaps I was just slightly under typical coordination. I always remember being slightly clumsy but my attempts yesterday were borderline ridiculous! It was getting me to the point of frustration and I debated giving up and calling it a day. But I stuck it out and I’m glad I did. While the exercises weren’t enough to cause me to break a sweat, it’s still exercise and it will eventually help my coordination and perhaps also assist me with my balance issues. Besides, what could be more therapeutic than splashing around in warm waters with a pool noodle?

Now, the issues with my sense of self, that will probably never go away and will more than likely get worse as I lose weight. Mostly because I’m used to being larger so I’ve adjusted to accommodating that size. Ah well, you can’t win them all!

What about you? What do you do to help yourself be more self-aware? How about for coordination? Do you exercise? Practice yoga?

-Desiree

1 comment:

  1. HERPES is a serious and recurring disease which can't be cure through drugs or injections by an American doctors but the best way to deal with Herpes is by taking natural herbs medicine for it, I have red about DR JAMES the great herbalist doctor who cured me from herpes with his powerful herbal medicine. I contacted him to know how he can help me and he told me never to worry that he will help me with the natural herbs!After 2 days of contacting him, he told me that the cure has been ready and he sent it to me via UPS SPEED POST and it got to me after 3 days i used the medicine as he instructed me (MORNING and EVENING) and i was cured!it's really like a dream but I am so happy! for the people suffering from herpes virus and any kind of diseases such as Alzheimer’s disease,Bechet’s disease,Crohn’s disease,Parkinson's disease,Schizophrenia,Lung Cancer,Breast Cancer,Colo-Rectal Cancer,Blood Cancer,Prostate Cancer,siva.Fatal Familial Insomnia Factor V Leiden Mutation ,Epilepsy Dupuytren's disease,Desmoplastic small-round-cell tumor Diabetes ,Coeliac disease,Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease,Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresS sclerosis,Seizures,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic diseases.Hiv_ Aids,Herpe ,Copd,Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,
    Dementia.Lupus.
    ,Cushing’s disease,Heart failure,Multiple Sclerosis,Hypertension,Colo_Rectal Cancer,Lyme Disease,Blood Cancer,Brain Cancer,Breast Cancer,Lung Cancer,Kidney Cancer, HIV, Herpes,Hepatitis B, Liver Inflammatory,Diabetes,Fibroid,
    should contact him for his herbal medicine because i am a living testimony and i was cured of herpes and his medicine is legit. I sent him what he requested and he sent me his medicine which I took for 2 good weeks and today I am out here with a negative result. When I went for the test I was so happy after taking his herbal medication I paid homage to his country to celebrate with him on his African festival which he told me it usually happens every year. you can reach him through VIA E-mail drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com or whatsapp number:+2348152855846

    ReplyDelete