Sunday, March 20, 2011

I've been terrible!

I am so incredibly sorry to those who have been following my journey via my blog. I've been so deeply devoted to school, searching for a job and living life that my blogging has been put on the back burner. So here we go with updates.
I finished up the tapering of the prednisone weeks ago but I'm still getting the acne side effect, which I know will be the case for a few more weeks to come. There's been no sign of my menstrual cycle since my last period back in January. This is how I know that there's a connection between prednisone (steroids) and my lack of period and my other symptoms (hirsutism, weight gain, etc.). I've also managed to gain back the weight I lost on prednisone as well as gained back the inches I lost as well. How depressing. If only they would allow me to take one pill of prednisone a day, this way I could not only have a period like I'm supposed to but lose weight as well. I also have more energy when I'm on the prednisone. I'm not gonna lie, I'm a hyperactive prednisone girl. Some would say it's annoying but when it's compared to the MS fatigue, I like that version of myself better.
I've recovered about 80% of my vision, which means my eyesight is only slightly dimmer than it used to be. As I've told people before, it's as if someone has hit the dimmer switch in my vision. I'm back to driving, which I'm thankful for because now I can hit the streets and go on job interviews.
I've decided to finally consider going on a low-carb diet. There's all this research out there that suggests that there is a link between PCO's and insulin resistance. I'm not sure how acurate it is, but it seems to be the only thing that works for them. I've also considered taking some dance classes in an attempt to get some exercise that will help tone and strengthen muscles which will be handy during an MS flare up.
That's all I've got to report, take care of yourselves!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Desiree, I thought I might say hi after I read about your journey towards acceptance. I'm not completely there yet either (I have RA, dxd in April 2010) and now I am going to a neurologist as well for nerve testing...emg I think? My rheumatologist has said that MS is a possibility so here I am cruising around and hoping that I'm not so unlucky as to have RA and MS together. Anyway, hi:)
    Lisa, Reno, NV

    ReplyDelete